Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Icarus

So in Greek mythology Icarus is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus. The main story told about Icarus is his attempt to escape from Crete by means of wings that his father constructed from feathers and wax. He ignored instructions not to fly too close to the sun, and the melting wax caused him to fall into the sea where he drowned.





Now the reason I make note to Icarus is that I sort of fell like him today. Trapped, unhappy, lonely and wanting to escape. Pause~ By no means am I saying this is the meaning of the story but this is how I see it. Play~ Recently, I have been reading a great deal and getting my priorities in order (as per usual) and for the past two days a sense of loneliness ensued. So of course I called the person who knows me best and will give me the ultimate love and truth, father P. And in true dad form he gave me the advice I feel like I've been waiting to hear but to chicken to say. I am truly longing for something that I refuse to succumb to.

Now time for a little background. So I have had two dreams recently about weddings and me not making it and/or not being invited. And when I consulted my dad he told me "there is a commitment [I] am ignoring." So in true Annie P form I shared it with my girlfriends and of course we brainstormed but now this thought of a lost commitment is haunting me. So could that be the source of the loneliness? Who knows.

I want to believe that maybe I am missing some sort of man in my life or some companionship with a friend. But I honestly don't think it is. Maybe I have to sit in this emotion. For the most part, I think that I want some sort of "sign" and/or inspiration to wash over me. Who knows maybe it will come with all these April/May showers.

Sigh,
Annie P

No comments:

Post a Comment