Monday, May 7, 2012

The man or the resume

Morning all! So last week was a trying one in that I was feeling lonely and just not up to par.

As with anything recently I have been kind of dealing with it. Which as most of you may know is not like me. So anyway I went to see Dr. M and we had a thorough conversation about my emotions and overall threshold. Well let's just say that conversation did not end well. I left feeling angry and low. Not because of what he said but because I thought my healing was further along and it actually had/has a long long way to go.

Well post that I went out with my girls aka pieces of my friend circle. Pause~ These women are amazing! They can and do make me feel 12 feet tall always. Play~ Well I brought up that there had been an idea that had been plaguing me. When falling "in love" who do I fall for...the man or the resume? Pause~ This all plays into the loneliness factor addresses above. Play~

See I went on a man sabbatical and its been great. I haven't really yearned for the comfort of a man BUT it's clear that my complete abstinence from men has not been the right one. So fast forward and I asked most of the winner at work and in the circle. And it was a shock to hear how many women said "the resume."

I'm not sure if I was shocked because of the admission or the fact that I was raised to love people. So it was odd to hear so many women say they would want to know "the man had a promising job" than if he was interesting and could teach you something.

So I brought this to my dad...and of course he called me a child of the sun. Pause~ HA! Play~ Not at all sure what that means but I guess it should explain. In the end, I'm proud to say I would live to know the man. But who knows if that's right. Ugh life is so hard some times.

Annie P

No comments:

Post a Comment