Thursday, January 6, 2011

Challenge?....I THINK NOT!

Because of my lineage, there was never such a thing as "failing" or "not doing well" or even "not knowing." My parents raised my siblings and I to never back down. If you don't know..go look it up! If you think you can't do it...tough try anyway! And there was never NEVER NEVER any way that you were NOT going to work hard at it either.

So today I present not a love but a mantra: IMPOSSIBLE NEVER....TRYING ALWAYS!

The picture below is not of something I have taken but something that has become forever ingrained in my mind....

I'm sure you must be thinking "Annie P has truly gone off the grid;" however, I have not! In a West Indian household, one of the first tenants you learn as a girl child is CLEANING! There is never an excuse for any holiday, birthday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday to meet your home unkempt! So as a ritual from the time you can hold a dish rag or piece of paper towel you BETTER learn and learn it quick how to make something shine before your mother reaches home.

Now there are two lessons I took from this:

1) No matter how sick/tired/poor/unhappy you are....you must always put your best foot forward in life.
2) People respect you more when you are able to show that you are not only on top of your game BUT YOUR RUN THAT SHIT AS WELL!

As a young girl, I always thought to myself I want to be wealthy (which wouldn't be terrible) and famous etc. But now that I'm getting older and understanding more about my capabilities my number one goal before leaving this earth is to leave a lasting impression and ideals with someone. Who knows who it will be, God willing my own child or maybe just someone whose life I have touched for a second.

In all, I hope that today's post has left you with some sort of fulfillment. Not because of the words I put down BUT also because you know there is one person who has taken you to higher heights!

Until the next time,
Annie P the Worker Bee

PS. a link to one of my fave cleaning songs: Big Truck - Machel Montano & Xtatik
       * nothing like a good chip while you wiping down your washroom :)

1 comment:

  1. very cute post! that clorox is definitely a must in a household.

    ReplyDelete