Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Finding Peace...Again

There is a funny story that my dad once told me about finding peace in life. Unfortunately, I do not remember the story word for word but the resounding theme was that when it comes to trying to find peace you have to isolate the good, recognize the bad and work through it all. Pause~ My dad has always been an avid reader which rubbed off on me at an early age. So I remember him telling me this story when I was about 15 and I never truly saw the value until I was about 19. Play~  So here we are, on the Wednesday before Christmas and I feel like I'm in the fight of my life to find peace.

Yesterday was indeed a trying day. Between work, home and personal relationships it was an emotionally draining compound day. However, in waking up this morning, I meditated Pause~ This is my "new" old thing that I do to bring myself some sort of moment of quiet outside of sleep. Which has also not been happening. Play~ And after meditating I finally started to feel some semblance of needing to find more and more and more peace. Now whats crazy about identifying this feeling is that I have NO IDEA HOW TO EVEN GO ABOUT IT!

So like any normal type A personality, I arrived at work and literally Googled "peace tactics." And even in that search I have been severely overwhelmed with the options. My usual tactics when I need to relax is to run away from my life for a weekend. But due to some looming work trips that's not going to happen.

That's that in a nutshell. Annie P is looking for peace...again! And then it makes me wonder if I ever really found it in the first place?

Ugh,
Annie P

1 comment:

  1. The bad along with the good is all part of the journey sometimes. I hope that you find peace in sorting through it all.

    ReplyDelete