Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day Two - New Attitude

So as a continuation to yesterday's post, today I'm breezing through. I'm not too concerned with anything just making the days come together. So love for today: People watching

For the past couple of days I have been sick. Pause~ I hate getting sick in the summer time. All zest for events/things/places manages to fade. Therefore, leaving me to build excitement from damn near zero. Play~ And in being sick you are forced to slow down and observe the people, things and actions that occur around you. Well for the past few days, I have seen the best and worst of it all. Pause~ People are funny. Play~ Not to say I am surprised, but its interesting when you are forced to recognize certain traits in people. What they coin as "real" and/or "authentic" starts to show as "maniacal" and/or "irrelevant." Pause~ The two traits identified at the end of that sentence are not "bad" traits per say BUT when they appear one begins to wonder how it was ignored all this time. Play~

However, the good that came was in speaking to Elizabeth Taylor yesterday. In speaking about the weekend's events, we came to the conclusion that being sick is not all that bad. You start to recognize where the work/life balance is. And sad to say, my work/life balance is waaaaaaayyyyyyy ooooooofffffffffffff. I didn't even notice! Well the real statement is, how could I have NOT noticed all this time?!

The typical Annie P Monday-Friday goes something like this.

5AM - Wake up for work
6AM - Arrive at work
9PM/9:30PM (on average) - Leave work
10PM - Home
11PM-1AM- Answer emails from home
1AM- Sleep

Now that's pretty damn drastic. Pause~ It can be hard for me to believe that there is THAT much work to be done. However, there is! Who knew. However, with every new position there is the good and the bad. Play~ And then to begin scheduling my other extra curricular activities, I would come to work at 6AM to leave by 6PM/7PM to get to the next venture. Pause~ Seems insane but you have to love what you do. Play~ So its become apparent that with becoming sick it had a great deal to do with lack of rest and not listening to my body. In bringing this back to the "love" for today, its time for me to start making sure that people understand my life. I am 100% committed BUT I also have career oriented goals that I must keep intact. Pause~ They never fell off; however, when trying to please the crowd you forget to please yourself. Check out the post from yesterday. Play~

In the end, I dedicated a full hour yesterday to map out everything in my life thus far. From work travel, to extra-curricular, to sleep needs, to free time. Pause~ I know it seems excessive, but that's what its come to. Acceptance that the day only consists of 24hrs and I have to be asleep for atleast 5-6 of those. Play~ And I think my admin and I devised a great plan! I will be sure to let you all know how this goes!

Mapped and planned!
Annie P

No comments:

Post a Comment