Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trump This!

So wonderful readers, last night I was on my way home from work at 10PM and I ran into one of my friends from junior high school. Random but an interesting run in.  Pause~ This new job is awesome but I can see that the hours needed will slowly but surely make "living" a little bit difficult. But alas this is what I wanted so I'm going to take it. Play~

So JHS and I were not the best of friends as a matter of fact we were just "hi and bye" friends. Pause~ Its weird running into people like that. I'm a friendly person but you will see why this interaction was weird in a second. Play~ So we meet up on a letter train in between the city and Brooklyn. And so JHS sees me and asks me if I went to Philippa Schuyler. So of course I say yes and then she identifies me by name. So we give that big hi smile. She sits down next to me and we begin to catch up. Now we are speaking and we begin to laugh and joke and I realize this girl is completely and utterly FAKE! Pause~ You ever run into someone and everything you say they feel the need to trump you? This was this time. Play~ EVERYTHING I SAID SHE HAD TO TOP! I mean was in a dick measuring contest with no dick.

So by the time we reached my stop...home girl straight up looks and go "You live over here?" [insert sarcasm and semi-disgust]. NOW....y'all know I wanted to snuff her right where she stood BUT no one was going to get the best of me on my cool down time. So I answered "yes" and got off the train. Pause~ Being tired really saves lives/egos. Because if I was in my well rested state I would have said something really really rude. Play~ Well post this interaction, I get home and call one of my friends who I have been close to since we were in junior high school and begin to tell her about what happened. And she begins to tell me everything about this girl including what was truth and what was "stretched." Pause~ I knew JHS was lying in some way or another but really I didn't care. She could have been living that fabulous life. WE ALL DESERVE FABULOSITY! Play~

I'm not going to say that being "hated on" means I've made it. However, its unfortunate that she held on to whatever she felt that I "did" or "didn't" do to her from junior high school. What makes this even more weird is that I really really really DO NOT think about things from the past. I have always had a very cavalier and nonchalant attitude towards things/people/events. If it doesn't directly concern me or someone close to me I'm really not that concerned. Pause~ This was a harsh reality that was brought to my attention recently. I didn't know that at first interaction people think that I either don't like them or am mean. And until the moment they got to know me, they then realized I just don't care. I'm all about fun, success and good times. Nothing more nothing less. Play~

In the end, I'm not angry at JHS or even concerned really but just confused. I'm no one to compete with. I live my life with triumphs and failures. I am no exception to any rule in terms of love, life and the pursuit of happiness. So its weird when I meet people who try and "trump" me. Hmm guess such is life.

Anyway loves....be happy with who you are and what you do!

The Human Annie P

No comments:

Post a Comment