Monday, March 21, 2011

The Birth of Annie P

As referenced in the previous post, I wanted to give you all a little insight on the name Annie P. I just realized that I never gave my readers any insight on where/what/when/how the name came about. So...the long and the short is, the name was created by a good friend of mine who we shall call Fatal Angel. Recently, [wait almost a year...(big smile)] she invited me to become a co-host on her Tuesday radio show [btw..you all should tune in http://www.bigfm95.com/ 6PM-9PM EST]. And on there, randomly, one day she said "This is Tasty Tuesdays with Fatal Angel and Annie P" and just like that the alter ego was created.

What's interesting about an alter ego is that 1) people begin to forget your real name 2) people do not realize you actually HAVE a real name and 3) the persona people think is created is NOT an actual persona (lol). So when speaking to my suitor over the weekend he stated that he had listened in on a random Tuesday and said he "could not believe" it was me. And then to boot, he continued to say that my social calendar was "something to marvel at." Hmm really? I guess with having a "persona" comes new responsibility; but really...how many people are walking around calling me Annie P? Not many I can assure you.  And why would that affect my dating life?

So in trying to end that awkward conversation, he told me he doesnt know if he can "date" a woman with two lives. And unfrotunately, that is not the first time I have heard that since I have become the newly single. So the answer I deliver Pause ~ Any answer to such a statement deverses the word "deliver" because they need to be served with why such an ignorant statement should never be said. Play ~ with "I dont have two lives I have two jobs! No different from a woman who is a Marketnig Executive and a mom. No difference at all... I have my career and my hobby. They are BOTH my responsibilities."

So this post is for all of the women out there are who making strides not only in the workplace but in the social space! Be who you are...alter egos are good for your soul. In my life it keeps things FRESH and ever-changing.

Larger than life,
Annie P (slash slash slash)

1 comment:

  1. I all I can say is can I get a "WOOP WOOP"? lol! I love it! Don't cater!

    ReplyDelete