Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On A Magic Carpet Ride

So as of late within my new surroundings (job, love life, etc) I have taken to making strides to do things a little bit differently. First things first, I have made some assurances to myself that I will put me first. In fact, the attention that I have been granting myself has been EXPONENTIALLY better than it had been before. In recognizing the change, I have realized that people are less likely to approach me with foolishness now that they know where I stand with me. So on to love number...um...who knows: DON'T BRING THAT SHIT THIS WAY!

In my past I have been the friend that other friends dump on. And not in a bad way, but the way in which they need someone to speak to and they come and tell me all of the happenings and I listen and then I offer some advice and then they say "yeah you're right" and then we agree that I will support whatever decision is made. And for those of you who know this process through and through you know how the cycle just begins all over again. However, in taking the time to just get myself in order and climb out of the dismal hole I was in...I have come to recognize that the TRUE friends have learned not to come to me with the nonsense. We talk they ask how I am and then we move on to other conversation. Now don't get me wrong, the talks can lead to advice and general discussion about the day and its problems BUT they have recognized that at this time I am a friend who needs a friend.

As simple as this may seem, unfortunately I have never had this experience before. Not to say that my life has been without its problems but I have never had a friend that would call and say "I was just checking on you." So to my true friends out there I dedicate the following...



The love hug...and original painting by a wonderful seven year old painter! She is awesome and painted this for her mom and ended up being famous. But when she was interviewed and asked "why did you paint this?" she answered "cause my mom is the only person who understands me!" Hmm pretty impressive for a 7 year old but then again I completely agree. My true blues have been the only ones to understand me!

On to the next day love bugs!
Annie P

No comments:

Post a Comment