Wednesday, March 23, 2011

There is always a reason & a season for all things....

I know I'm late today guys BUT today has been kind of hectic at work. However, I couldn't let the day pass without giving you all the love for today. Love: There is a reason and a season for all things!

So on the radio show that I co-host with my friend, Fatal Angel, we usually have topics that guide the "vibe" of the show. However, due to the brief hiatus we took for Trinidad Carnival 2011, we decided to provide our listeners with both a solid and thorough recap of our experience in Trinidad. Sounds harmless right? WRONG! Infuse a bottle of Patron Silver Tequila and Welch's Passion Fruit juice and now we are talking about a full on swankiness endeavour.  Pause~ Tom foolery was at an all time high last night. We drank, we talked shit, we played like 3 songs in three hours and then...wait are you reading AND THEN had the nerve to take shots at the end of the show! I keep telling y'all to tune in [www.bigfm95.com] Play ~ So in the midst of our tom foolery, I start to notice.."hmm Annie P you are on the edge!" Now readers, by no means is this lady a light weight when it comes to drinking. HOWEVER, on this Tuesday...I just got all the way live.

So anyway, post getting tipsy I go home and "man" is there. So I begin to cook and then we start talking. Pause~ Worst time ever to engage Annie P in serious conversation is when she is tipsy. I'm honest all the time but lack the "sensor" clause when I'm tipsy. Its like "fuck it...they need to hear this shit" mode turns on. Play~ So man starts asking me all these questions and of course I'm answering (lol) blatantly. So post this, my "famous" chili is ready and of course "man" doesn't want to eat because something I have said pissed him off. Well needless to say, in the end I ate, and took my drunk ass to bed.

But then this morning it dawned on me...Why was I so invested in his emotions anyway? And it was at that moment that I realized the reason and the season for "man" has come and gone. I don't know how to end this post but I mean I think I said it all.

On to the next season!
Annie P.

1 comment: