Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Confessions From A Brooklyn Girl

First off, GOOD MORNING blog world! I woke up this morning truly excited to be up and about today. I dont know exactly what bit me in the tooshie this AM but hey Im not going to refuse it. So today, my love is all about being able to Confess with no judgement!

Really and truly this post is about this man that I see everyday on the train. This man is Grade A fine! Like he is tall, dark, handsome and just....(covers eyes) Pause~ Usually I see a fine man in transit and I will look and then look away. BUT... Play~ So anyway, we ride a letter train every morning from Brooklyn to Manhattan. And I think he gets on the train before me. So as any straphanger I get on the train at the same location everyday in order to be in the perfect position to exit and be up the stairs to my office. Pause~ Im a true New Yorker. I time the train, time the walk from the door to my office and mentally calculate who will be getting up first in order to get that seat. Play~ Well every morning he manages to be in the same car and same area as me. Coincidence...of course this is New York!

(Just to give you an idea)

Now one thing to know about me is that I am an avid soca listener. And in my opinion there is no better way to start the day than listening to a good soca tune. Well like any West Indian I always dance while listening. Pause~ The word "shame" does not exist in my world. I exude confidence always even in my most vulnerable moment. So when im chippin' on the train I really dont care. It usually makes people (both men & women) tap me to ask me what Im listening to. Play~ So while dancing, I have been noticing that he has been moving closer and closer to me. And yesterday (as in Tasty Tuesdays [6PM-9PM] on http://www.bigfm95.com/ -- excuse my plug)  he was standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME! Are you guys listening/reading....RIGHT NEXT TO ME! I literally had to post a facebook status. Pause~ Due to recent events my facebook has been sort of inactive. However, Im back! I miss my facebook community. They are the best polling station ever. Play~

Well this morning, as per usual he was on the train and stood right next to me. So now Im convinced there are two possible reasons for this recent migration:

1) He re-calculated his traveling position and has assigned himself to a new door (blah)
OR
2) Im so wonderful and cute that he is building up the courage to speak to me

So you know im of course going with.....reason number TWO!

THEN when we get off the train we are walking side by side (sigh)...and he walks to one building over. OMG....can it be...he works for...nooooooooo.....I think he does guys. Pause~ If there is one thing you need to know about me, is that I love a good mystery. And this man is Grade A "Where is Carmen San Diego" good! Play~ So you know I will not..can not stalk him but now I need to know his name. So I think tomorrow I am going to officially say hello!

Reporting live from the field,
Annie P.

Back to you Shirley in the studios!

1 comment:

  1. I think u should say hello! u see him everyday! might as well! ur swanky!

    ReplyDelete