Friday, March 18, 2011

No Love This AM

This morning has been trying. Firstly, last night I had to have a moment to speak to my ex who we will name "man" to discuss the recent problems he has put me through. In the months that have passed, man and myself have been through severe ups and downs. BUT last night I hit my own personal breaking point. And without revisiting that side, I will just say that as a woman I made a decision and now the situation is being handled. But I digress...

So this morning I wake up dog tired for work Pause ~ I recently went on a great trip to Trinidad carnival. It was an amazing experience! The parties, the carnival, the people, the Johnny Walker...ahhh I just couldn't ask for more. However, the downside is you come back more tired than when you left. Play~ So I get in the bathroom and BOOM no hot water! Like seriously...my management company is the worst! I don't know what else to do. I call, complain to 311, and now I'm at the point to writing a letter to the company, the Brooklyn Borough President's office and the Department of Housing. These ignorant thieves must be stopped. So my love for today...NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE PEN!

There are very few archaic tenants that still exist in this life. For instance, letter writing, writing checks, talking on the telephone, etc etc. But one thing I have learned is that when there is a stern letter with multiple people CC'ed it is hard for anyone to ignore. And this lady here, Ms. Annie P, has no problem writing to anyone to let them know how she feels.

The issue is, I do not like being that complaining consumer; however, I do NOT like being taken advantage of. I work very very hard for the money I make and therefore, when I feel like someone is robbing me or taking me on a joyride I'm going to say something about it. Hence, today's letter to Urban American Management. By far the WORST management company in the five boroughs. To give you a sense of my pen lashing here is an excerpt:

     "At this point, these living conditions are simply not acceptable. To date, my payment history with
      this management company has been pristine. My rent is paid in full and well within the period, it
      should be. I do like my apartment; however, at this time I cannot continue to have basic amenities
      that were agreed upon in the leasing agreement ignored. As a result, I am writing this letter to
      inform this management company that I will be prorating my rent for the month of April due to
      the lack of hot water and heating in my apartment for three days."

In the end I may not hear from someone at UAM, however, I know that having these complaints on file at the Borough Presidents office as well as Department of Housing [because you know I will be sending this letter every week until someone answers me] Pause~ I used to work for a city agency; therefore, I know how to get their attention Play~ it will not look good for their record!

So lesson of the day: Write with conviction and confidence! There are people on the other side who will sympathize. They know what they are doing is wrong and sometimes they do not even know it is going wrong.

Well until next time,
Annie P (Consumer At Large)

No comments:

Post a Comment